The Livn API is your one stop shop for all tours and activities.
We have unified the live inventory and booking functionality of a large and ever growing number of reservation systems in a single, stable and well documented REST API.
Connecting with the Livn API thus eliminates the need to develop your own clients for these various services, utilising an array of technologies (REST or REST-ey, SOAP, XMLRPC...), as well as the ongoing maintenance of the implementations.
In addition Livn, working directly with the tours and activities suppliers, offers you a clean, enriched, comprehensive and uniform data model and set of functionality, surpassing the scope of any one of our individual upstream reservation system APIs.
- RESTful web service, supporting both JSON and XML
- Stable API: no non reverse compatible, breaking changes since going live in 2014
- Well maintained documentation, change log and optional API newsletter
- GDPR compliant data policy (European Union General Data Protection Regulation)
- End to end encryption using SSL/TLS 1.2
- Your choice of HTTP authentication or JWT (JSON Web Token)
- Access to both live, uncached availability and rates checks, and Livn’s powerful 365 day in-memory cache
- Fully functional, matching test/development API endpoint and web based test harness
- WADL and Swagger/OpenAPI documents to kick off rapid client development in any language
- Option to receive real-time notifications about relevant inventory updates via Amazon Web Services’ Simple Queue Service (self subscribable via the API)
1. Start by checking out our comprehensive API documentation. There you can sign up on your own for access to our sandbox environment in which you can interact with our API and make some basic calls against our demo data set. Please note that our sandbox environment is offered "as-is" and we do not offer support for evaluation users trialling our API.
2. Once you and your commercial colleagues decide to go ahead implementing an integration with the Livn API, please contact our commercial team to put in place an agreement between Livn and you.
3. Our team will set up a development environment for you tailored to your specific business requirements. Examples of such specific requirements include your choice of currency, booking fees, credit terms, and whether you intend to transact with suppliers under a straightforward wholesale reseller model, or a "direct connect" model more suited to with large volume distributors with existing agreements with product suppliers.
4. As your project progresses, we will do our best to help you implement your API client with our knowledge base and providing one-to-one access to our developer support team. As part of this process we are happy to assist with end-to-end testing and troubleshooting should you find yourself stuck in your implementation efforts. After not too long though, you should hopefully find yourself with an integration that passes all tests, and is ready to go live!
5. The implementation phase is concluded by a quality control, or "production certification" step. This is where we at Livn complete a set of independent tests of your integration to double check that there are no open issues remaining that prevents us from giving you access to our production environment, and starting the route all your calls to our live product warehouse and booking engine.
6. We will migrate your integration to our production environment, after which your new integration is live.